Whether you’re promoting a new post on your Instagram or you just want to make your story stand out, here is how to change the background color.
Read on for a simple method on changing the background of your Insta stories.
How to change the background color on an Instagram story
Surprisingly, it’s relatively easy to get a background color of your choice on an Instagram story.
- Create a story that requires having a background (e.g. sharing a post on your story).
- Once you have your story, select the ‘scribble’ icon in the top right. It’s the icon that you would usually use to draw with.
- From there, you can select your color of choice with the color selector tool.
- PRO-TIP: If you select a color and hold down on it for a few seconds, you’ll be able to change the shade of the color.
- When you have picked your background color, simply hold down on the screen for a couple of seconds until the entire background becomes the color that you have selected.
It’s as easy as that!
How can the background color make your story more appealing?
If you use the Instagram story feature often, you’ll know that, when you share a post via a story, the background turns an odd color.
Instagram attempts to match the background to similar colors in the post – it often looks dull. Changing the background of your Instagram story gives you creative control and, overall, allows it to look more appealing.
It’s a great feature if you’re using it for business purposes, or even if it’s just for your own personal use.
Examples of changing background colors on Instagram
Take a look at these examples if you’re still unsure.
Pingback: TikTok: Who is Sean Brownlee and what happened 15 years ago?