TikTok dances are all the rage in 2020 and here is everything we know about the latest one!
The ‘Rake it up’ TikTok dance is the latest to take the app by storm.
With users all recreating the same choreography to a catchy piece of music, what’s not to love?
What is the Rake it up Dance?
The ‘Rake it Up’ dance is a viral TikTok Dance to the song ‘Cut The Check, Bust It Down’ by Nicki Minaj.
To participate, users must copy the choreography from other videos, using the same sound and the hashtag #rakeitup.
This latest dance has seen some big names on TikTok trying it including Charli D’Amelio and Emma Chamberlain.
Some examples from TikTok:
- In this TikTok video, a user puts a POV whilst dancing, to add more of a story to the video whilst the dance is being shared!
2. In this video, these two users went to a busy mall to do their version of the challenge. I’m sure all of the fellow shoppers were in awe!
3. This TikTok dancer tries her version of the dance from the comfort of her own home.
4. These two made this TikTok dance a duet and tried it out together!
5. TikTok star @Siennamae has over 3 million followers. Here she is trying the latest dance!
6. Here is TikTok star Charli D’Amelio trying the challenge. With over 100 million followers on TikTok, its no wonder everyone is trying this challenge!
7. American internet personality Emma Chamberlain also tried this dance, and has received over a million likes.
8. Here is another user doing her take on the dance from her bedroom.
9. Here is @dancerjules doing a festive take on the dance in her Christmas onsie.
10. Here is another TikTok user doing the dance, while her mother appears to telling her off- comedy gold!
How to do the Rake it Up Dance
For you to get involved, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Open TikTok
- Search #Rakeitup
- Select one of the videos
- Click the sound and then press where it says ‘use sound’
- Record yourself doing the dance that is in these videos
- Hashtag it #Rake it up
- Then you’re all done!
If you need help doing the dance itself, here is a tutorial where it goes through the dance slowly.