Soda tab meaning is totally different on TikTok. They’re not just used to hold your straw in place after you crack open your soda.
Soda tabs aren’t only meant to be collected, and donated to Ronald McDonald House afterwards. By the way, a pop tab is worth about $0.0004. In other words, you need 23 soda tabs to earn a penny as of writing.
Today’s trends, soda tabs have other uses. TikTokers are using soda can tabs to predict their romantic futures or to show love interests.
1st Soda Tab Meaning on TikTok: Hug
When you pull a soda tab, and it has a big hole at the bottom, that means you’ll receive a ‘hug.’ A hug can also symbolize support, comfort, and consolation, mainly where words are insufficient.
- A side hug is for friends and acquaintances.
- A two-armed hug where both people’s chests are touching but the two pelvises provides extra space means nothing sexual or romantic.
- Hugging from behind indicates a romantic relationship.
- Embracing around the waist means intimacy.
2nd Soda Tab Meaning on TikTok: Kiss
An interesting question, is there a creative way to ask to kiss (or be kissed by) someone? Yes! Use a kiss soda tab.
Make sure to leave a semicircle with a smaller hole underneath on the soda tab. But, bear in mind that inviting kissing requires an appropriate context.
- A kiss on the cheek is a form of greeting ‘hello.’
- A forehead kiss shows admiration.
- A kiss on the hands indicates respect.
- A french kiss means deep affection.
- An earlobe kiss means passion in between the sheets.
3rd Soda Tab Meaning on TikTok: Sex
Many of us wish we could skip the initiating part and get right down to it when the mood strikes. But with this soda tab, you can easily show your love interest. Make sure there’s a semicircle within the smaller hole.
But what if you’re the other person and you receive this invitation, how do you remain civil and respond to his soda tab?
If you don’t feel like it, a polite and clear no is the most excellent option. Here’s what you can say:
- “No, thank you.”
- “I think you’re a good person, but I’m not just attracted to you.”
- “I think you’re great, but there’s no chemistry between us.”
- “Sorry, but I’m not interested in an intimate relationship with you.”
People are getting more creative in expressing themselves. When you think someone’s gesture is off, google it out as it might mean something.