People are getting confused over the ponytail challenges on TikTok. How many Ponytail challenges exist and how do they work?
Running out of things to do during lockdown? Try the trending ponytail challenges on TikTok. The hashtag ponytail challenge has almost 28 million views on TikTok and countless recreating videos.
The ponytail challenge is actually divided into two very different challenges and the only thing they have in common is the hair tie.
First Ponytail TikTok Challenge
The first ponytail compilation is very family-friendly and can be a funny past-time activity to engage with your loved ones during this time.
Grab your brother, father, partner or anyone who you think probably can’t do the challenge and ask them to tie your hair into a ponytail with a hair tie.
Document their attempt on TikTok and rate how well they did from one to ten.
Second Ponytail TikTok Challenge
This second compilation is nothing like the first one except the hair tie.
This challenge doesn’t require anyone’s assistance, but it can be done with your besties if you want to have a laugh together.
You will need to be bra-less for this compilation to work. Tie a hairband around your breast to see if it will stay put. The bigger the breast, the more likely the hair tie will stay in place.
The song of this challenge is called “Ponytail” by Badanamu and it has over 64k recreating videos.
This challenge’s aim is purely sarcastic and entertaining, no offence against anyone is intended, and the compilation can also be done by men.
How to get the Ponytail song on TikTok
- Firstly, open the TikTok app.
- Then, head to the discover page and tap on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Search for “ponytail challenge” and swipe left to the “sounds” section.
- Click on the first sound that will appear, named “Ponytail Badanamu”.
- You will then be directed to all the videos created using this song; click the “use this sound” red button at the bottom centre of the screen and join the ponytail trend ?!