As another TikTok challenge goes viral around the globe, here is everything you need to know about getting involved in it! There are countless videos posting with the hashtag #6monthchallenge, and it has 113.2 million views so far.
The TikTok challenge has been tried by lots of big names on TikTok, including @Baidaugh and @Bera_nanuka, who both have a huge following.
What is the 6 Month Challenge?
The challenge itself appears to be posting one video of you 6 months before and then one video of you 6 months later, accompanied by Katy Perry’s ‘The One That Got Away’ audio. A lot of accounts have recorded themselves and used this audio to show off new features of themselves, such as a weight-loss transformation, a new hairstyle, or cosmetic surgery. There are also some accounts that have recorded and documented their children or their pets growing up- showing the difference 6 months can make.
There are also some variations of the challenge, with some accounts doing a ten month challenge in order to show off more progress.
How can you take part?
All you have to do to take part is follow these really simple steps:
- First, search #6monthchallenge on TikTok and watch some of the videos for inspiration
- Next, click on the sound at the bottom and click the big red icon that says ‘use this sound’!
- Go onto upload and find a video of you from 6 months ago, it can be any video that you would like
- Then after selecting your video from 6 months ago, select a recent one as well
- Then once your video is ready, put the hashtag (#6monthchallenge)
- Click upload, and you have joined the trend!
Can you think of a better way to start 2021, than knowing you’ve had a complete glow up in the past 6 months?