What better way to enter the new year than with a new screen mode on Snapchat.
Users on Snapchat know all about their latest updates, with filters, lenses and snap maps, but what they might not know about is ‘dark mode’.
Users on TikTok have been raving about the latest mode on Snapchat, and have been influencing users on how to get involved.
What is Dark Mode?
Dark mode is a modification on Snapchat that changes the way that the screen appears.
It is very similar to dark mode for iPhones, which can be found by going into settings and selecting dark.
This then causes everything on the phone to appear with a darker tone, which is often more popular with younger users.
Snapchat has confirmed that it is testing its new dark mode on a small number of its users, meaning the app is moving forwards by having a low light option, much like Twitter and Facebook.
The low light option means that the display on the screen will be different to the typical app.
How to get Dark Mode on Snapchat 2021
If users are a part of the lucky few users that are included in the trial stage for dark mode, all they need to do to access it is follow these simple steps:
- Users will first need to open up the Snapchat app, and to ensure that they are using the latest version of the app.
- Users will then need to click onto the profile photo, which can be found in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then click onto settings and scroll down to ‘App Appearance’ and select it.
- 3 options will appear: ‘Match system’, ‘Always light’ and ‘Always dark’
- Click always dark, and then your Snapchat will be in dark mode.
The new Snapchat update is reportedly only available for iPhone users in the US and Australia, and is yet to be made accessible on the android market.