It’s Transgender Awareness Week, so it’s time to discover some of the best Instagram captions to show your support!
What is Transgender Awareness Week?
Transgender Awareness Week is a week when transgender people and their allies campaign to raise awareness on trans issues and experiences. Every year between 13 – 19 November, organisations around the UK take part to bring attention to the transgender community.
The aim of the week is to increase visibility by sharing stories, both positive and negative, that affect transgender people.
The best Instagram captions to show your support this week:
1. Trans Rights Are Human Rights
2. I am proud to be an ally of the trans community
3. This week, we strive to understand and support the issues faced by all trans people
4. LGBTQ+ equality for all
5. Let people be who they say they are
6. Pronouns matter
7. “For the majority of (trans) people of colour, why we end up being on the streets is because we are often disowned by our families” – Bamby Salcedo, president of TransLatin@Coalition
8. There are 200,000 – 500,000 trans people in the U.K. Let’s help them feel seen.
9. 41% of trans men and women said they had experienced a hate crime or incident because of their gender identity in the last year
10. Trans people are twice as likely to be victims of crime as cisgender people in England and Wales
11. End hate crimes against Transgender people
12. Hate crimes are “real life consequences of a society where transphobia is everywhere – from the front pages to newspapers, to social media, and on our streets” – Laura Russell from Stonewall
13. Transgender people in the UK have it harder than most
14. Abuse of violence directed at someone on the basis of their transgender identity is never acceptable
15. Let people self-identify
16. Trans Visibility Matters
17. I stand with Trans people this week and every week